Saturday 8 February 2014

January and December Wrap-Up

I'm only 8 days late.... Plus a month...

I apologize for not posting these type of posts, or pretty much anything at all... THINGS WILL CHANGE!

December
The Hunger Games by Susanne Collins – This was a re-read and... *fangirls* SO FANTASTIC
The Coldest Girl In Coldtown by Holly Black – Katytastic, thank-you for convincing me to read this book. GAVRIEL THOUGH. <3
Fault Line by C. Desir – This book had me to tears... So much to say, yet so much... not to say.
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo – Why had I not read this book before? Review coming soon!
The Poison Eaters by Holly Black – I should have read this before The Coldest Girl... Black has grown so much!!
Tree Girl by Ben Mikaelsen – I was reading this for school, and it wasn't so great. Then I forgot that I was reading it for school, and I really liked it.
Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers – Danika, WHY DO YOU PUT ME THROUGH THIS TORTURE? Book review coming soon as well.

And the book of the month was... *drumroll* The Coldest Girl in Coldtown! Now don't yell at me for not saying The Hunger Games. Re-reads don't count, okay? In the Coldest Girl in Coldtown, Black creates a scary world with wonderful characters and written with beautiful, lyrical language. I highly recommend it!

January
Unwind by Neal Shusterman – I will forever hold myself accountable for not making myself read this book sooner.
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Saenz – DNF at pg. 158. I really wanted to like this book it just... didn't happen that way. More on this coming shortly.
Burn for Burn by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian – The plot and story was awesome! And, you know, reading along with Danika was pretty great too.
Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell – Excuse me while I sort out my feelings and cry over this lovely piece of literature.
Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon – Had to DNF this one as well at pg. 164. The element aspect was super cool but... Ugh, I'll explain later in another post.
Winnie the Pooh by A. A. Milne – Pooh is such an innocent character, as is all of the rest of them and just... *sighs in relief* This is what I needed after those two DNF's.

And for January, my book of the month was... Winnie the Pooh by A. A. Milne. Overall, it was really hard to choose only one book that stood out to me, but I chose A. A. Milne's work because I think it is completed under-rated, and it is just so heartwarming that everyone needs to read it.

And that was that... Stay tuned for an update on my blog and what's going on. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment