Saturday 8 September 2012

Making Connections: Matched and Winnie-the-Pooh

If you bothered to look at my current book that I'm reading, you would know that I am currently on the first book of the Matched trilogy - Matched by Ally Condie.

Interesting Fact: I LOVE Winnie-the-Pooh. He grew up with me and I think he is just so cute and sweet.

Just the yesterday I was looking over some quotes of A.A. Milne, the author of Winnie-the-Pooh, and I found myself making connections between the quotes and Matched. Matched is a romance/science-fiction (dystopian), and if you think about it, WTP is quite romantic.

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you." ~ A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh.

I thought that this related to Matched very well. I don't want to give anything away, but I will tell you that Cassia, the main character, and a boy are exchanged secret notes and drawings, mostly about each of their separate life-styles. I thought that this quote, as well as many other love quotes of WTP, could very well be passed between the two of them due to their love.




1 comment:

  1. Very cute, and I can see how they relate! :)

    ReplyDelete