Tuesday 5 March 2013

Liebster Blog Award

:D :D :D Thanks to Julia @ Books as Wings for nominating me for the Liebster Blog Award!! I appreciate it so much!! :D :D :D


The Rules...
  1. Thank the Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented the award to you.
  2. Answer 11 questions from your nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself, and create 11 questions for you nominees.
  3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs!)
  4. Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.

My Answers to Julia's Questions
  1. What is your favourite place to read? I love to read in my bed just before I go to sleep. I know it's bad... I know, but it is so comfy cozy that I can't help but snuggle in my dozens of blankets and read a good book, preferably with some tea at hand. During the day I love reading in these huge, comfy blue coaches that are in my school library, and at home I have this amazing, electronic leather chair...
  2. What blog post of your represents who you are? Huh. I don't know. I haven't ever really DIRECTLY mentioned anything about who I am, except for a q & a, although I don't think that's the "right one". Maybe my literary love letters... yeah. That one. (Special thanks to Marline, who is one of my nominees, for giving me the idea.)
  3. Have you ever dreamt of becoming an author? Yes!!! Yes, yes, yes YES!!! This is basically my life all summed up into one. Writing for a living would be the best thing that could ever happen. I would be doing the things that I love ALL DAY!!!!!!! Can you imagine anything better? 
  4. What's better, reading or writing? Hard choice. For me, it really just depends on the day. Sometimes I have a really great idea for a story and have the urge to write. Other times, when I'm in the middle of a good book I really want to sit down and read.
  5. What fictional world would you most like to live in? The Frog Princess series maybe? I have always imagined (when I was little) going to my great-aunts and learning magic. This sounds really stupid, but it's probably my favourite "safe" environment to be in. I mean, sorry, but I don't really want to live in a Maze, or trapped in a school.
  6. Do you like/agree with the current trends in reading currently? I don't think that it's a matter of agreeing or disagree with the current trends in books (yes, I know that's not the question). Authors will write what they feel is good, or what they are personally interested in. Personally, I really love the things that authors are coming up with these days. I think that they are (for the most part) original and include amazing aspects.
  7. What would your dream library look like? First of all, pretty book covers. The first picture on my new Instagram (glowing13glowworm) is a photo of Splintered by A. G. Howard, and it is a great example of this. It is absolutely flawless. Next, it wouldn't be in the city. Don't get me wrong, the city is good, but if the library was placed on the top of a mountain, or in the middle of a field of unicorns (use your imagination people!) then it would be a great place to get inspired. I would rather be in one of those places than in the midst of musty fumes and dirty grim. Extras: internet, coffee/tea machine, and comfy chairs.
  8. How do you judge whether or not to read a blog? First of all, personality. I LOVE people who show who they are through their writing. Similarities are also good (likes/dislikes) as well as it being updated regularly. All that fun stuff. :D
  9. What's your view on graphic novels? Graphic novels are not my favourite. Sure, they are fun to read sometimes, but I don't find myself getting engrossed in the story when having a graphic novel in front of me. I also think that they are much less imaginative. I mean, I hate it when their are people on the front cover on the book, because I can't use my imagination to come up with they look like on my own. It's the same with a graphic novel. Dozens of pictures are used when explaining one scene. Often times they aren't very deep either. Sure, there are some GREAT things about graphic novels, but honestly, I would rather sit down with a book. The only reason why I would recommend a graphic novel is if you have watched the movie or read the book that it goes with. In that case, it's a great way to, indeed, go deeper, and have fun.
  10. E-books, hardcover, or paperback? I like light book since I'm still in school. E-books are often lightest, but since I don't have an eReader, I can't experience reading on an electronic device. That leaves hardcover and paperback, and to be honest, I don't really care TOO much. I HATE broken spines, don't get me wrong, but I don't buy books, so spines aren't a big issue. Overall, I guess I like paperbacks because they are light. Not only that, but it gives the pleasure of holding a good-old book.
  11. What makes you want to blog? I have a couple things. One, you. My viewers play a big part. They make me want to be on here every moment. Two, my love for literature. My blog is a great way to share with others my passion, and it is a great way to dig deeper into the world of books.
11 Random Facts

  1. I play piano, and I don't really enjoy it.
  2. I don't watch any TV. Ever.
  3. I am 3 sessions away from being a lifeguard, and I'm too young to continue on right now.
  4. I don't like hot chocolate, and I love pickles.
  5. I really want to go to the U.K.
  6. I talk to myself like a booktuber would... without a camera.
  7. I play volleyball and I love it!
  8. I think that Winnie the Pooh is "DA BOMB!"
  9. I write a lot... Sorta. Kinda in a slump right now. Or should I say "write" now. Haha... okay
  10. I make up really cheesy jokes. A lot.
  11. I've only been on a public plane for 2 trips, one when I was a little child, the other in October. The rest of my days in the air were private.


My 11 Nominees (Which I sort of which was more. So many great blogs!)
  1. Katie @ GrazingPages
  2. Ben @ Benjaminoftomes
  3. Marlin @ Marlin Elina Reads
  4. Samantha @ The Secret Life of a Bookworm
  5. Phil and Geraldine @ Stack of Hardbacks
  6. Alyssa @ ACReads
  7. Jess @ Books For a Dreamed Teen
  8. Michelle @ Sweet Book Reviews
  9. Elizabeth @ Elizziebooks
  10. Lauren @ The One Minute Bookworm
  11. Rosiee @ Book Hobbit
My 11 Questions For My Nominees
  1. What trait do you admire/pride yourself on, what trait do you like in others, and what trait do you like in female and male fictional characters?
  2. Who is the most relatable character in a book that you've read? Movie? TV show?
  3. Where/when are you inspired to go and pick up a book?
  4. What would be more fun: Editor (reading books) or author (writing books)?
  5. To those of you who buy books: If your house was on fire, and you could only save one book, what would it be and why? To those of you who borrow books: If your library was having a "giveaway" and you could keep one book for free, what book would you choose and why?
  6. What is the most well-known book that you've read that deserves the hype? What is the least-known book that you've read that deserves more hype? You can use Goodreads for help.
  7. Who is your favourite commonly known author? Who is you favourite lesser-known author? What do you admire in them?
  8. What was the turning point in literature for you? When did you start loving books?
  9. What is your favourite type of post to make out of the following: tags, book reviews, hauls, tbr, or wrap-up? What is your favourite one to read?
  10. What is the most important literary element to you (of the following): characters, setting, plot, writing style, or romance? Do you look for a character-driven book or a plot-driven book?
  11. To those of you who buy books: Do you agree/like book buying bans? To those of you who borrow books: Do you get too many? Do you agree/like "book getting bans"?
Again, thanks Julia! I hope you enjoyed reading this post. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment