Saturday 7 September 2013

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour Book Review

Title: Amy & Roger's Epic Detour
Author: Morgan Matson
# or Pages: 344
Series #: Not a part of a series
Reading Span: September 3rd - 5th, 2013
Rating: *****

This book was so amazing! If you are just here to see whether or not a recommend it, go. Go and get it!

First of all, the characters. I actually really liked all of them. When we first meet Amy, she seems kind of cold, and unlikable, but as the story progresses you really get to liking her. And then there's Roger. Oh, Roger. <3 He was so sweet and funny and nice and I just love him so much! There were times where I found him to be a little insensitive, but those were fairly easy to look over because he was so likeable! And what's a character without flaws, right? My favourite character in the book was probably Bronwyn. I loved her bubbly character and her sweet personality. Lucien was pretty cool too, although he also annoyed me at times SPOILER! This kissing, like. Who? What? Arghhhh! SPOILER OVER, he was also sweet and caring. Charlie was also great, and you really got to liking him... Even his mistakes.

Another one of the things that I really liked was all of the places that they went to. I felt like I was going along with them in their journey, and experiencing all of the diners and meeting all of the people. I really want to go to all of the places for real now!

This book never got boring, and it was super hard to put down. I just wanted to know what was going to happen between Amy and Roger!

Probably one of the biggest problem with contemporary books is insta-love. Well let me tell you, this book is not like that. At least, not until the end. The kissing came out of no where, and it was all really cliche, but again, it's not too much of a bother.

This book was so good, and just what I was in the mood for. I defiantly think that you should all just try it. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment