Tuesday 22 January 2013

Top Ten Settings That I Would Like To See More Of

Top Ten Tuesday originates at The Broke and the Bookish and we book bloggers list our top ten bookish things! This weeks top ten tuesday is the top ten settings that I would like to see more of.

Top Ten Settings That I Would Like To See More Of – Jan. 22

1. Paris - I have always been interested in Paris and I've always wanted to read a book that takes place there. Unfortunately, there are not many books that I know of that are like that (Anna and the French Kiss), and I would really like to see more.



2. Canada - There are more of these types of books out there, but I would really like to see one that really expresses who we Canadians are. I would love to read a contemporary, fiction book about our heritage.



3. Clouds - Okay, this sounds really juvenile, but I would really like to read a book where people live in the the clouds. How cool would that be!? Of course, it would have to be a fantasy book, because you can't actually stay afloat on a cloud, but I think that it would be really cool to see what an author thinks it would be like.



4. Jungle - I've been thinking of writing a short story about living in the jungle, but I never have. I think that this would be a great idea for a book, and I would love to read it!



5. Backyards - Has anyone ever seen "Gnomeo and Juliet"? Well, recently my sister was watching it and I was like, "Ooh! Cool story idea!!" Like, having a war between two clans. I think that it would be a very interesting read, and I've never seen anything like it before.



6. Meadow - Meadows are beautiful, at least I think so. I love to look at them, and I would like to read a description of one in a story. Of course, this wouldn't be the setting of the whole thing, but I think that it would be an interesting touch to a novel.



7. The United Kingdom - For a school project last year, I was to create a travel guide for a place of my choice, and I chose the United Kingdom. Not only is my grandmother from Scotland, but I think that it would be a fun place to be.



8. Underwater - I agree with Jana on this one. Dolphins, whales, starfish, octopus, squid, starfish, and mermaids (sort of) are just a few of the amazing things we could read about if we had a book that took place under the water. I've wanted to read Ingo forever, but I don't really want to read it now because I think it would be to childish for me. Instead, I'm looking for a YA novel that's like it, and I haven't yet come across one.



9. Summer Camps - I love writing, reading, and taking part in summer camps. I would really like to see some more books that have this setting in it.



10. Fantasyland - Any made-up worlds are to my liking.



What are your top tens of this week? Comment below or leave a link to a blog post. I would love to hear from you!

Disclaimer: Photos are not mine. All links are down below:

7 comments:

  1. Great list. We share quite a few things! Check out my list: http://loveliterature713.blogspot.ca/2013/01/top-ten-tuesday-jan-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! I will defiantly go and check out your list. >.<

      Delete
  3. Good list, I love the idea of a story set on a cloud and I always enjoy fantasy worlds as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Fantasy worlds ARE cool! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Books set in Canada would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. >.< I really like your list as well!

      Delete